Domestic violence can include and is not limited to:
- *Physical violence: Hitting, kicking, biting, shoving, restraining, slapping, throwing objects, battery
- *Emotional abuse: Name calling and threats
- *Financial abuse: Preventing access to bank accounts, credit cards or other financial resources
- *Sexual abuse: Any forced sexual activity
- *Spiritual abuse: Keeping someone from going to a place of worship or using scriptures to justify abuse.
In the US: Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE).
In Canada: Visit ShelterSafe to find the helpline of a women’s shelter near you.
In the UK: Call Women’s Aid UK at 0808 2000 247.
Worldwide: Visit International Directory of Domestic Violence Agencies for a global list of helplines and crisis centers.